December 7th, 2010 Leave a comment
The Cablegate is getting way out of any reasonable logic. It is becoming a soap opera. Before starting to throw yourself into one camp, please read the following links and think…
- Defend WikiLeaks or lose free speech Dan Gillmor points that the attacks on Wiileaks (that hasn’t been charged yet) are an attack on journalism itself.
- The lawless Wild West attacks WikiLeaks The list of those acting against Wikileaks grows by the minute. All big companies are trying to fall under government grace.
- Don’t shoot messenger for revealing uncomfortable truths Julian Assange wrote to the Australian just before being arrested in London today
- The Internet’s Voltaire Moment Simon Philipps talks about the implications of the topological changes the network is going through and why it is important that Wikileaks or The Pirate Bay exist, even if you don’t really agree with them.
- Live with the WikiLeakable world or shut down the net. It’s your choice John Naugthon from the guardian takes on the hypocrisy of the politicians and really asks them: What do you want to do next?
- NewScientist:Info pirates seek an alternative internet How the structure of DNS with it’s 13 root servers is being challenged by P2P. We need more P2P in our lifes if we want freedom.
- Why WikiLeaks Matters More (And Less) than You Think Wikileaks and GDP? Yes… more correlated that you might think at first. Wikileaks is a new way to see and act in the this world.