AskSensors is an online IoT dashboard service that allows you to track data coming from your sensors. They have tutorials on the website to get you started, but for
raspberry pi they went with an example using
node.js. Can’t understand that
In any case it isn’t difficult to write a python script that reads from your sensor and sends data to the AskSensors api. Here are my tips:
- In python use the easy to understand
- The URL endpoint to send data to is something like https://api.asksensors.com/write/API_KEY?module1=VALUE_1&module2=VALUE_2
- Make sure to replace the API_KEY and VALUE_1,2,xxx to the number and values of your application.
- The API_KEY is unique for each sensor you have.
- Each sensor can have several modules. For example the
DHT11sensor reads both Temperature and Humidity. This means you have one device (sensor) sending two values to
module2, hence the previous url structure.
- send data with
requests.get(URL of POINT 2).