- Download a jeromq JAR from the maven repository (current version 0.4.3) https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.zeromq/jeromq/0.4.3
- Place the jar file in a “lib” folder in your project.
- Add jeromq.jar to your project libraries in the Project Build Path
- Try the simple hwserver/hwclient examples https://github.com/zeromq/jeromq/tree/master/src/test/java/guide
- you can run both the server and clients from within eclipse, but if you want to run them from the command line:
- Assuming that you are using eclipse, and that you placed the jar in a “lib” folder
- go to your “bin” folder and run
java -cp "../lib/*:." HWServer
java -cp "../lib/*:." HWClient
Notice the codepath setting with
-cp "../lib/*:."In windows you’ll have to replace the
This will create a little setup that allows you to develop and experiment with jeromq.