i’ve been a fan of his work for a long time. if I remember one of my earliest research interests was on the complexity of the game of life (2007 maybe?). well time has gone by, and today i realised John Conway has died. here is a compilation of readings about his work and life that are worth reading. any of them makes John Conway a better justice that whatever i could have written here. i just want to stay silent and appreciate the beauty of the imaginary worlds John Conway created for us.
- A Life in Games, in Quanta Magazine.
- John Conway Reminiscences about Dr. Matrix and Bourbaki, in Scientific American
- Video Lectures (6 parts), on YT
- John Horton Conway, on Wikipedia - wikipedia is reporting (what? reporting? strange choice of words, david) that the cause of death was COVID19. another victim. damn. we are entering science fiction times, these ones.
- The Brain of John Conway (and his Amazing Tongue) - Numberphile - another video.
- In 2015, a long read in the Guardian - great read.